Earn your master of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
MS program focuses on maritime and naval history, literature, transportation and environmental policy. The program has two additional options:
Students may choose to complete a professional internship, to gain hands-on experience with a company or organization of interest to them.
Or, they may choose to earn a U.S. Coast Guard deck license, which qualifies them to work on board commercial vessels.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now